Planting a Seed... Building Character... Growing the roots that can rebuild a Nation

Monday, September 12, 2011

Parable of the Peas

Parable of the Peas

Dear Friends,

I am very excited to invite you to join me on a living lesson of the PARABLE OF THE PEAS in honor of all my amazing new friends at Pillar of Light. 

PHASE I:  Spiritual Creation
Resources needed:
1.     Buy Peas seeds from a local nursery or hardware store. 
2.     Prepare your garden space
3.     Bring a desire to seek to learn the truth

PHASE II:  The Work

During the winder garden season we will learn together from the classic of your garden The Parable of the Peas.  Consider carefully the formation and spacing you wish your peas to grow.  The planting schedule for peas here in Moapa Valley says November 1st.  I am going to do an experiment by planting one batch October 1st and a second one November 1st.  You decide what works best for you.
Resourceful study sources:

§        “All New Square Foot Garden” –Mel Bartholmew


My purpose is not, at least for now, to teach you how to garden.  In the context of “Inteligro Math” http://shop.lemimentortraining.com/Inteligro-Math-104.htm
I want to inspire you to go find the answers you need and to support you in the journey.  I will share with you the resources that have helped me along the way and look forward to all I can learn from you.  If you have not read this short book, it would help immensely to understand the context of this experiment on life. 

PHASE III:  The Harvest

After watering your peas for 4 months, you will begin to see a harvest in the spring.  It is at this point when things will really start ‘popping’!  You will learn in direct proportion to the extent you seek.  A friend of mine says she too hears her garden “speak” to her, and the more she listens, the more she learns.  It is my belief that as we learn though Natural Systems (the Garden, the Home and the Body) that we will hear the perfect lesson for us at the perfect time from the Perfect Teacher.

The lessons I have learned from my garden have made me who I am.  More than sharing my own lessons with you, I most desire to see you learn your own lessons 1st hand.
One point I hope to examine with you is the truth that “The way we do one thing is the way we do everything.”  The way we approach the garden can help us learn much about how we approach other areas of our lives.  A profoundly revealing question to ask your self is, “Where else does this show up in my life?”  (I got this from Power Training at www. powerwithinus.com)  Marcus Quintilian referred learning in Natural Systems when he said, “The mind is readiest to accept what it recognizes to be true of nature.”  In other words, Natural laws are easy to understand when you observe them in nature.  When we absorb the lessons life presents to us, we learn principles fluidly that are absorbed into our sub-conscious (or our spirits) because we SEE them.  This process seems to create a pathway for principles to be lived out of a “BE” state instead of a “DO” state. 

There is much to learn and I am so excited to begin this journey with you.  I look forward to hearing from you the lessons we will learn and share together.

May the smile of heaven truly shine in your lives!
Pennie Rumsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your ideas and thoughts. Thanks for sharing in the Joy of Learning. It truly fills my heart! -Pennie