Planting a Seed... Building Character... Growing the roots that can rebuild a Nation

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Food ReLOVEution


ROUGH DRAFT               11-16-11

I am currently working on how to communicate this message.

If you have any ideas to help, please share!



In Subject:

Non-violent active resistance for ReLOVEution with Bite!



I am sending this to you because either you have been a part of its creation (in inspiring the idea), or I feel you can do something with it.  Please at least take a few minutes to read this potentially life changing message.  If you feel it has merit, then plant it as a  seed for American freedom and make it grow.


Hi.  My name is Pennie Rumsey.  I am an average American wife, and a Mother of 4 children.  Like a growing number of American’s, I have been concerned for a few years about our current political situation.  Personally, I have wanted to do something but felt powerless to be able to make a difference.  I have struggled with much self-doubt and lack of belief.  Because I love to learn, I found a book called Inteligro Math and consequently I have learned to love to problem solve.  Now on my quest, for the past four years I have been actively pursuing answers for the American challenges we are all facing right now.


As I study on current world conditions I see that the tension is tight and conflict is growing greater and greater.

  • Current conflict in the Middle East escalating.  Is it the beginning of Armageddon?
  • The Obama administration seems to be bent on trying to eradicate the Constitution.  They appear to be looking for an excuse to put us by invented crisis into a Military State to suspend our Constitutional rights altogether.  Who knows when they could be reinstated?  Are we about to loose our Constitutional rights?  What would that look like?
  • Riots seem to be breaking out all over in the United States as well as world wide, including Greece. Are we on the verge of a Revolution?
  • An increasing amount of Americans are growing in discontent and protesting: Places like “Occupy Wall Street” are trying to flex their citizen muscles in efforts to make a difference.  “We want our freedom back!” What can we really do that will make a difference?  Are we really to the point that our freedom can only be won back by bloodshed?  If not, some peaceful means must be the answer.  As Americans who really care, what can we do?  As a Mother of 4 young children needing to put my family first, what can I do?

What do we have to look forward to in life if we continue on the same course?  What can I do to change our course? 

As a young family growing up in America, I think our family is trying like everyone else to live the American Dream.  I have had a love for gardening since I was a child (although I think it was more of a love-hate relationship then).  To this day I still have a dream to have my own farm and have a self-sustaining life while growing in character and teaching my children to love God.  Growing my own garden is the root foundation of who I am and has taught me how to think and see Natural Law.  This is how I want to live for “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”.  I have recently become aware that all that I hope for in the future to live as a self-sustaining American is now being threatened.  I do see hope in the wave of young people in the upcoming generation who are seeking out these same roots.  I believe we are witnessing a historical movement toward farming and gardening.


Still I wonder, “Do those who are creating this movement even realize the significance of their cause, or the full potential it has for the deep impact in American Freedom?”


With my heart and mind focused on trying to find an answer to our escalating American predicament, recently I have read “The Bridge at Andau” by James Mitchener (about the Hungarian Revolution in 1954), watched a 1 hour Ron Paul movie, watched Gandhi, studied John McNaughton’s painting of the Chains of Slavery (my name for it), and had a close encounter in real life with a friend’s farm being raided by the Clark County Health District.

The solution began to dawn on me when I heard Dr Shanon Brooks, President of Monticello College, who wrote an article on the raid.  In a ‘comment’ on this article Dr Brooks said The answer is local!  What ever we DO has the best impact when done on a local level.

I heard more of the solution in the Ron Paul movie when Michael Nystrom of TheDailyPaul.com said, “We want an America with principled [centered] people… who say what they mean and mean what they say, and they live their lives by those principles.” (Ron Paul movie, minute 54)

I see the solution in many individuals who are stepping up to the plate; who are following their inner voice. I admire the efforts of so many who are willing to loose sleep, sacrifice money, and put their heart into making a difference for our freedom.  I am so excited that America is waking up to rediscover the Roots of her history and realize our current situation. I love that there are so many willing to do what their heart guides them to do.  I think it’s great that we are building so much energy.  Yet, I think people are still looking for a way to channel that energy in a positive way that will actually make a difference.  We want freedom, not hype.


The full impact of the solution I saw became very evident to me when I saw the movie Gandhi.  In the movie, Gandhi said “The purpose of non-violent resistance is to provoke a response.  We will continue to resist until we provoke a response or until the law is changed.  They do not have the power, we do.” (need to verify exact quote)  Through Gandhi, I have come to realize that non-violent resistance will allow us to take back the ‘power of the people’ from those who are not willing to give what they have usurped. 

My course of needed action crystallized in my mind when I was slapped in the face by a recent experience of a friend.  CSA owners Laura and Monte Bledsoe of Quail Hallow Farms were recently raided by the Clark County Health District.  As I see it they did all they were asked to in order to comply with every demand, but in the end because of heavy-handed egotism they were not allowed to eat the food carefully prepared for the dinner they had spent over 100 hours planning.  It breaks my heart to see good people bullied by a government with too much authority, who were only put at bay when employing some legally binding Constitutional questions of “Do you have a search warrant?”  “Do you have a warrant of arrest?”  After which the Bledsoe’s had complete jurisdiction to ask the Clark County Health Department representative to leave their private property.  In my opinion, the Clark County Health Department did not necessarily have the authority to do what they did, but they took all the power they were given until the wrongs were no longer sufferable.  I have realized that it is SO important that we come to know our rights, the laws, and step up to live what we believe.  Laura hit the nail on the head when she said, “Your dollar has more clout with congress than your vote does.”  Joel Salatin wrote about this in a book called “Holy Cows, and Hog Heaven”.  What We the People do with our money is what decides billionaires and directly gives control to those in power because of where we choose to spend our money.  We ARE the ones who have the power, if united we stand.


What I have slowly come to realize through all this is that if I want the world to change, then I must be the change I wish to see in the world.  I must be willing to step up to the plate, change myself, and invite others to follow.  I must learn what I need to do, live what I believe, and share it with others.  In this pattern, even an average American mom of 4 young children can change the world.  I have believed for a long time that the solution to our American crisis lies not in the institutions of government and congress, but in the intuitions of the home.  There can be no amount of forced legislation that will rebuild character into the American heart.  That can only be done in the home.

So what does gardening, character, and spending money have to do with American freedom?  What is the solution that has distilled on me after 4 years of painful searching?  Consider these paramount quotes.

“To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.”
-Gandhi


“Nations rise and fall on the fertility of their soil.”
-Joel Salatin


“The ancient Greeks believed that the real harvest of the soil is a special kind of person, a farmer, a husbandman, who has developed in his soul a set of principles rooted deep in the Law of the Harvest that keep him on the road to prosperity and happiness.  A society that has compromised this harvest from its citizenry is a society that will soon loose its culture.”
-William DeMille


I humbly offer the solution that our American character can be re instilled as we return to grow our own food.  This is a perfect non-violent solution that will have great impact.  If we decide to eat only food grown locally the ripple effect would be tremendous.  These are the potential effects I see:

  1. From the Political perspective, if we take the money out of the pocket of big food companies that are the very ones who are trying to control the politicians with voting incentive bribes.  As we demand good quality food, and buy from farmers of character we will show congress that they do not have the power, we do.  When we stop spending money for food that we can grow locally, we will send a message to commercial grower, huge companies, and show congress that WE are the ones with the power, because we choose to grow our own food and we choose what we eat.  They are trying to make us reliant on government and then use the food source as a force tactic against us.  If we, as Americans, step up to the plate en mass and show them we are self-reliant, they will be brought to their knees to see that we are united and we are powerful.  As we grow our own food we will show them we are self-reliant and that they do not have power and control over us.  If we continue to actively ‘protest’ with our buying dollar until the laws are changed, we will be victorious.  If we kindly insist with fortitude in our hearts we will win.
  2. From a Spiritual perspective, this movement has the power to reestablish Character in the hearts of those who are willing to learn.  If we take an average person and put him in the environment of Occupy Wall Street, for example, then it is like putting him in a raft going down river rapids aimed at a waterfall.  The natural man is inclined to contention when put in a contentious environment.  If, on the other hand, we take that same man and put him on a farm it is like putting him in a slow flowing river where he must swim upstream to reach the tree with the fruit that will nourish his soul.  The only difference is the environment.  In a man-made environment of fast cars and fast food a man is much more easily pushed around by the whims of the crowd.  In a natural environment, if the man is willing to work and learn, then he will grow.  There is something naturally humbling about working in the garden with your hands in the soil while on your knees.  The internal effect of a man’s character while he gardens is tremendous. In the process we will learn principles from the Laws of Nature that is the very reason we have gotten into this predicament in the first place. As we grow our own food, we will become changed in our hearts and come to replenish the soil so than we have a legacy that is worth giving to the generations that will follow.  As we return to the soil we will come to remember who we are and come to remember God.
  3. From an economic and financial perspective looking to emergency preparedness, growing our own food is the perfect hedge against threatening disaster.  We are told our dollar is perhaps about ready to collapse.  This could put our economy into hyper-inflation which will make food and the basic necessities unaffordable for most of us.  Rioting in this condition seems inevitable because of fear and lack of character.  If we are in the field tending to the business of something we can do something about, then we will not be involved in the opposite spectrum of vandalism and potential murder.
  4. Finally, from the perspective of freedom I see that this is a short term solution, and a long-term solution.  It will show congress we are serious about our freedom because we are willing to change.  It will take money away from those causing the problem and put it into the hands of those initiating the solution.  It will show our children and the rising generation the way to heal our nation.  It will put food on the table, teach us the power of work while building our character, and retrain our thinking into paradigms of truth.

So what will it take to change our lives to make this happen?  What price must I pay?  More importantly, is it worth it?  What price would be too high to be able to pursue life and happiness in the way we choose?  If I don’t change, what will I have to look forward to?

Having just realized this decision for myself, I realize I have a lot of changes to make.  I know that if I want to have a life-changing experience, than I must change my life.  I am willing to do whatever it takes.  No sacrifice would be too great for the price of freedom, especially if there is a way we can do this peacefully. 

I realize this is a big decision, and will take a lot of ‘heart’ to implement.  Each person much choose for themselves to learn what they need to do, live what they believe, and with conviction commit that each will do what ever it takes to make it happen.  I realize to find the conviction to make a decision like this will not likely come all at once.

If you are willing to learn, but not yet ready to act, I invite you to learn with me.  I will be hosing a discussion on some educational resources to learn more about this.  No matter your commitment level, there is something EVERYONE can do in the cause of freedom.  No matter your belief level now, it can grow. Even if you are already committed to the cause, in studying and discussing these common resources, we will be able to establish a common language where we can relate to each other on common ground, and invite others to learn with us.  Please honestly examine our current American situation, examine your life’s choices, and choose freedom over slavery.

The first subject we will learn from is a movie called FOOD, INC.  I found it at my local library.  I will watch this and begin a discussion on my blog at victorykidsmom.blogspot.com 


Now is the time.  This is the place.  There has never been a better time than here and now to take a stand.  This is more than words, more than banner signs, and even more than a vote.  This is action, and actions speak louder than words.  If we are going to change anything, we have to start doing something.



Please join me in the

                                      FOOD

                            
Find a way to make it happen.  Be an American.  Figure it out.  You CAN do it.  It’s not too late.  We can still change the tide.  Let’s get to work.

I know there are many out there today who have realized this long before I have, and who are doing much to change the world by changing the way they eat.  By their pioneering efforts, they have paved the way for a nation to follow.  There are sources to help.  (see end of thisletter)

So if you want to be an American, increase your freedom self-sustaining power of the people, EAT LOCALLY GROWN FOOD.  How do we do that?

1-     Grow your own food for yourself and family

2-    Grow food for others in your community to start a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) make it your living passion

3-    Buy food from someone else’s CSA


We are Americans.  Figuring out solution is in our blood.  We are hard working, self-sacrificing, God loving people.  If there was a time when we forgot that, it’s time to remember.

After talking to a friend yesterday, today I have come to realize this solution is not a cure all.  In fact, it presents more challenges; but they’re good challenges.  In order to figure out how we can exclusively eat locally grown food, I see that we will need to work together as a community toward this common goal.  It is the perfect challenge that I believe will produce the results I have been praying for. 

If we are committed to our freedom, and see eating locally as a viable solution, then I believe we CAN overcome whatever temporary circumstances we must so that we can win our freedom back. (because you know they’re not going to give it to us.)

I am One Voice,

          One Mother,

                   One American who believe that I can make a difference.


I am not the first to rise nor will I be the last.  There are many in this climatic time in history who are following their inner voice to play their part.  It is my vision that we will come to work together in a galvanistic leadership style.  Look up the word with the link.  It is absolutely incredible!  The electricity of synergy is our victory.

For the Cause of Liberty

To the Victory of our Children’s Children,

For the Glory of God !



In God We Trust,

Pennie Rumsey



Sources to help:

how to plan your space, plants, and project sustainable income

Directory of CSA’s all across the country
Plus he as CSAWare that will run the office with minimal effort.  It looks very awesome and like a beautiful win-win relationship.

supporting and educating on individual rights and freedoms, especially for Sheriff’s


A CA group Help build the movement for a sustainable food system





Got an idea to help improve this letter?  Please share with us on the blog or on Facebook























Other notes and ideas:


Ideas for Ad slogans:

Are you eating to your children’s freedom or their slavery?  Eat locally grown food.

EAT YOUR WAY TO FREEDOM! Eat locally Grown food!

What exactly does “locally grown” food mean?  Read “Holy Cows and Hog Heaven” by Joel Salatin.  I go by his definition. 

 Are you a true American?  Put your money where your mouth is!  Eat locally Grown food!


Ways to help:

Learn, Do, and Share.

This is not about making a sign, or donating an hour of service.  This goes all the way down to the roots of who we are.  WE must be willing to change, at the very core, all the way down to the roots.  We have to be willing to make changes in our lifestyle and our food choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your ideas and thoughts. Thanks for sharing in the Joy of Learning. It truly fills my heart! -Pennie