Planting a Seed... Building Character... Growing the roots that can rebuild a Nation

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Stew of Truth


8-25-11

I often imagine that learning truth from the Spirit is like tasting the many flavors in a stew together.  When I think about what is swirling around in the pot in my mind and heart, and it all comes together to teach me a lesson.  Here is an example:

This Spirit is leading me to learn a lesson I don’t feel I’m quite ready to learn…

In the pot of stew:

Song from this morning: “I will Follow God’s plan for me”

Study from this morning: “Cast Not” Elder Holland

Concerns for Home school coming up for the year

Learning Vision and Faith to overcome


In my 12 step program I am overcoming anger so that I can create a spirit of light in my home so that my children feel loved and safe to learn.  This is my mission to create this environment, not because this is what I’m good at now but because this is what the Lord’s plan is for me.  It encompasses all of my weak points I need to strengthen, my joys in helping others and learning with and from them, and the vision I want to create.  All of the pieces fit.  It was what I was born to do to fill in my part of the puzzle that God orchestrates with His all seeing eyes. 

I have many OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) tendencies.  I know I have been over controlling for too many years.  My children have been limited in their ability to learn in my home because I try to keep everything clean all the time.  In the seminar last week Jonelle Hughes said home school changed for them when they took it from the floor to the table.  A friend of mine also told me that she learned at a seminar she went to last week that Kirk Duncan said you have to learn to allow the chaos to get to the vision.  I’m not sure what it is, but I have this voice in the back of my mind that says everything needs to be where it belongs.  The problem is that my OCD-ness thinks it has to STAY that way.  So if everything has to STAY on the shelves in it’s home, how it is that the children would ever learn from it, and what is the point in having it if all it ever does is stay in its home.  It is of no use unless it is used! 


My whole point is that this is such an incredible process that the more I learn the more I realize that this would be possible in no other way.  I often try to think of how I can share these lessons with others, but they will only learn for themselves by internalizing it through the Spirit of truth.  This process requires the Spirit to translate, but I certainly cannot explain to your understanding all that I think and feel.  I do believe that you can see it for yourself when you learn from the same Source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your ideas and thoughts. Thanks for sharing in the Joy of Learning. It truly fills my heart! -Pennie